Child Custody and Child Support

Disputes over childcare may arise out of a divorce, out of a situation involving an unmarried couple, or out of paternity disputes. At Court Masters Law Office, we offer legal support and advocacy to protect our clients involved in disputes over child custody and child support. We know that a divorce or dispute over children can be emotionally disturbing for all parties, especially the children. When you work with us, you can trust that we will leave you in control of the direction of your case and provide our legal skills to advise, guide, and protect your rights.

Child Custody, Parenting Time, and Visitation After Divorce

At the time of divorce, the courts will make decisions regarding custody and visitation rights of both parties. Usually these decisions will be based off where the child currently resides, who was the primary caretaker during the marriage, and generally, the best needs of the child. As your attorneys, we will present necessary evidence to accomplish your objectives in or out of court.

Unless there are extreme circumstances, the courts will generally not grant one parent sole legal and physical custody. Florida law favors joint custody, and under a standard possession order, you will still have access to your children for about a third of a year if you are not the primary custodian.

Child Support Determinations

Child support determinations are based on statutory guidelines that consider gross income, needs of the child, taxes where you reside, and who is the primary caregiver. Our attorneys are experienced in complex cases involving joint custody and residency of the child and can help your protect your rights. However, having primary custody is something you have to pay for, as child support does not cover all of the costs of raising a child. We are experienced in representing both primary care takers and in preventing unmanageable obligations.

Post-Decree Modifications and Enforcement

Even after an order is made, you may find yourself in need of a modification or enforcement of that order. Our attorneys can help you pursue a modification of a custody order if you are seeking to relocate or if you are seeking a change in a child support order. We can also assist you if you are seeking to prevent a modification.